Wednesday, June 16, 2010

39 Weeks

Well, I've just about made it. Today I am 39 weeks pregnant and believe me, I look and feel every bit of it. I was checked last week at my prenatal appointment and was happy to discover that I'm a loose 1cm dilated and 75% effaced. I hope this means baby is getting ready to come! I think I would drive myself crazy if he or she is late. I'm still one week away from my due date and already am feeling a bit nuts!

I'm just extremely anxious to meet our son or daughter. I want the baby to have a name finally! Waiting to find out the gender hasn't been too bad, except it's hard to visualize what this tiny life might be like. We have settled on a name for a boy and a girl, but are not revealing it until the baby is here! That way, people will keep rude comments to themselves. It's surprising how opinionated some people feel they can be when you start talking about baby names!

Over the past couple weeks I have slowly been stocking up on diapers. There have been quite a few good sales recently at CVS, so the area under the crib is chock full of diaper packages! If I can keep getting such great deals on diapers, then I will probably just use disposables rather than cloth. But cloth will help fill in the gaps when the deals are sparse.

Yesterday, I went into severe nesting mode. I barely stopped all day and cleaned everything I could. I just felt the urge to really tie up loose ends. Hopefully this means something! (can you tell I'm over-analyzing every single detail?). I've also felt sharper pelvic pains, which the midwives told me is because the baby is very very low. Sleep is give or take. Some nights I can sleep just fine and others I lay there wide awake just staring at the wall for what seems like hours. Of course, everyone is quick to remind me that it will only get worse once the baby comes. Gee, thanks, people! However, I truly believe I'll be more comfortable once the baby is out and so even short bouts of sleep should be better quality.

I am still planning on breastfeeding this baby, but lately I've been having a lot of second thoughts about it. I'm not sure if it will work out or not, but I'm willing to at least give it a try, at least for a little while. We'll see how that goes! I want what is best for my baby, but I also need to do what is comfortable for me. A cranky and depressed mommy is never good.

On Friday (two days from now, yay!), I have another prenatal appointment and will be getting checked again. I will update on how that visit goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment