Tuesday, May 18, 2010

35 weeks and a I'm a Nesting Fool!

The above picture was taken at 33.5 wks. Yes, I'm still camping and hiking throughout my pregnancy!

It's hard to believe that in just 5 short weeks I'll be 40 weeks and baby Campbell will be making his or her entrance! After my wonderful baby shower, I finally feel ready to have a baby in the house, and the spare bedroom is beginning to look like it belongs to a baby rather than a storage unit!

As I was working on putting things together in the nursery, Luna and Mrs. Weasley were going haywire. Mrs. Weasley seems to think the crib is for her and Luna has taken command at the rocking chair! They're gonna get a rude awakening when they discover it's for someone else!

Please note the ginormous amplifier in the corner of our baby's room. Rob plans on raising this baby as a hard core rocker! Distortion will be used as a lullaby... Just kidding! We actually plan on getting rid of it as soon as possible. There is no where else to put it, so for now, I'm just utilizing the space above it.

The filing cabinet is to inspire our baby to be organized and smart, even at a very young age! Ok- there really is no other place for this item as well. I'm going to cover it up with some fabric, haha.

At this point in my pregnancy, I am ready for the baby to come. Pregnancy is getting a bit old. However, I am slightly terrified of labor and the hospital. Our Lamaze classes are helping with that fear, but I'm still very apprehensive. I'm hoping this labor will be quick and uneventful, but I'm trying to be prepared if it's not. I started packing my hospital bag (I hope putting one item in the bag counts as starting to pack!), which makes things very very real.

My nesting urges have kicked in full force. The house must be ready. The nursery must be cute. Meals must be frozen. The car seat has to be installed. More cooking needs to be tackled. The floors need to be swept and swept again! The walls need to washed and the windows shined! I wear myself out just writing my to-do lists these days, haha.

So far, I've gained 18-20lbs this pregnancy. It seems like it should be 40 the way I feel though! Some days, all I want to do is eat, eat and eat. I even get up in the middle of the night to eat! The image of a severely pregnant woman standing in her PJs next to an open fridge has become reality. Breastfeeding should be an adventure- I'll still technically be eating for two! :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment