Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Appointment in 2 days

My 8 week appointment is on Thursday, and I am so nervous! I thought I would be more excited than anything, but mostly I am just afraid of something going wrong such as not finding the heartbeat or something like that. I know I am probably over worrying, but it does cross my mind! I am really curious as to what to expect, since many doctors do first appointments differently.

I am anxious and nervous about getting the flu shots too. The HINI vaccine is only available to pregnant women and high risk ppl in my area right now, so I basically have to wait until my appointment for "confirmation" that I am pregnant so that I can get the shot. A young man in northern KY recently died a week after getting the swine flu and that has scared me since my immune system is supposedly 'down'. Getting pregnant during flu season is nerve-wracking! Every time I am out in public I am aware of the possible germs circulating through the air. I know I am probably being a bit OCD about it, but when you are at home most of the day, you notice it/ think about it more. Mostly I am worried about the possible side effects from taking the vaccine. I have not had a vaccine of any kind since high school. I HATE shots. It gives me shivers just thinking about it...

Morning sickness has not let up, and I think I am going to ask my doctor on Thursday if there are any meds I can take for it. It seems to be getting worse, and I have already LOST 5 pounds. I thought when you got pregnant you were supposed to GAIN weight?! Needless to say, this can't be good, so I want to see if there is something that will at least make food somewhat appealing to me again. I have been living off of toast, mashed potatoes, cereal and crackers. It's really hard to eat that everyday and every two hours!

Other new symptoms I've been having include dizziness, getting up to pee during the night and breast tenderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment