Tuesday, October 20, 2009

4 Weeks, 5 Days

On October 16th, around 5:30pm in the evening, I took a pregnancy test and watched it slowly reveal something I have never experienced before- positively pregnant! Not believing my eyes, I summoned my husband to the bathroom to get his opinion. Of course, after another test the following day, it was still positive and getting stronger. A baby is growing inside me!

After the initial shock at the thought of being pregnant and expanding, I began to get excited. Too excited to hold it all in, so naturally I began telling the world! At only just over 4 weeks, I am feeling pretty good still. My biggest symptom is feeling tired- WAY TIRED. Like, getting 9 hours of sleep and then a nap just to keep going. I also am constipated and have light headaches from time to time. The bathroom is certainly seeing more of me as I seem to pee every half hour. And of course, I am hungrier.

My mother already bought me some burping blankets, a pacifier and a pair of crocheted blue booties. Although we don't know what the gender is, it seems some people are already making predictions! My sister (C) also bought a bunch of tiny socks, the cutest bib and a pair of tiny pink shoes. Little baby is already being spoiled! Since this is the first grandbaby on each side, I am sure he/she will be receiving lots of attention.

The second test on the left was taken on October 19th. Yes- I snuck into the bathroom and tested again- just wanted to make sure baby was still in there and getting stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment