Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Almost 6 weeks...

I can't believe I will be 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow. On one hand, time is going by fast, on the other, I sorta feel like I will be pregnant forever. 9 months is a looooooong time! One and a half months down, 7 1/2 more to go!

A couple days ago, my morning sickness arrived. Although I have yet to succumb to the porcelain throne, the nausea has been keeping me confined to the closest trash-can just in case. The fatigue has not let up, so this has resulted in me feeling pretty crappy. Sprite and saltines are my best friend! I feel pretty bad about it though, because I know I am not feeding my body like it needs to be. I can barely stomach most foods, so there goes my protein for the day. At least I am getting some nutrients from my prenatal vitamin and fish oil.

As a result of feeling so poorly, we've been eating out quite a bit. A lot of times I don't have the energy nor the appetite to fix food. This is really going to take some adjustment to my menu plans. We're going to have to buy more convenience foods, at least for the remainder of the first trimester. It's either that or running out for pizza and fast food every other night.

I've also had cramps, which has worried me a little bit since they are kinda strong and I've never felt anything like it before. It's probably just my uterus stretching? We'll see- my first appointment with the OB is November 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment