Thursday, December 3, 2009

Heard the Heartbeat!!

Today, my little baby is the size of a lime (11 weeks). A LIME. It is so crazy to think how big it has grown in such a short amount of time, and it still has quite a bit of growing to go!




We had our monthly appointment on Tuesday with a new milestone- we got to hear the baby's heartbeat! I was so excited, I cried. It is still so strange to think that another little being is ticking away inside of me yet apart from me. Rob said that it really made his day to here our little olive (who no longer is the size of an olive!) :-) . He or she is going strong at around 160 bpm.


My stomach is finally starting to protest when I get dressed in the morning, and I think that this weekend I will need to go get some maternity clothes. At least a new pair of pants and a new bra (the latter of which I already outgrew since buying one 2 weeks ago!). It's exciting yet depressing at the same time, because I'm not used to seeing my body this way. I feel like I don't look good in anything anymore! So I think buying new clothes to restore my confidence is definately in order.


I only gained 1.5 pounds since the last appointment, and that was before I went to the bathroom, so in reality I don't think I really gained anything yet at all (think constipation- the ailment of all pregnant women). It is going to be so weird when I start gaining one pound a week from here on out. I will be tipping the scales like never before!


Since my morning sickness has let up (but not disappeared), I've been able to start exercising again and eating more nutritous foods. One thing that I am working on is eating meat every day- this is a challenge considering I am practically a vegetarian. And one of my cravings lately has been salad- of all things to crave! So, the meat section and I are going to become much closer friends in the coming weeks.

Only 2 more weeks until I am officially in the second trimester- woooohoooo! Can we say Hallelujah? Sorry, but first trimester, I am not going to miss you at all! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment